Scarborough Theatre Guild was formed in 1959 from the amalgamation of three smaller community theatre groups.

Their headquarters was an old farm house at Midland and Ellesmere where set building took place in two old chicken houses. The group flourished, and in 1969 moved into an old church at 66 Denton Avenue – the birth of Playhouse 66.

This year Scarborough Theatre Guild celebrates its 60 anniversary!