SMT Dance Break
|July 13:||Classic Broadway|
|July 20:||Latin - Special Guest Instructor|
|August 17:||Big Band|
Sabrina Hooper (Choreographer for SMT’s upcoming production of The Addams Family) is back for 8 weeks of fun, sweat and dance! She will be instructing all-level Broadway Jazz inspired dance workshops during the month of July and August at The Estate.
As a B.A.T.D. (British Association of Teacher of Dance) certified teacher in Ballet/Pointe and Jazz/Lyrical, Sabrina has years of experience teaching and choreographing a variety of styles at all levels. She encourages her students to reach beyond the skeletal steps and really delve into the story behind the movement, which in her opinion, is key in every performance
At each of these teen/adult classes participants will learn:
• Key steps and terminology to help grow their dance vocabulary
• Routines to implement the learned steps and styles to some of Broadway’s biggest hits
• To build confidence and enjoy performing at your auditions
• Comfortable clothing (sweat/yoga pants, shorts, t-shirt/tank top)
• Dance shoes (jazz shoes/sneakers/character shoes/ballet shoes)
• Indoor Sneakers are ok if you do not own a pair a dance shoes
• Water bottle and towel (yes, you’re going to sweat)
• NO JEANS/SLACKS – you should be able to move freely
• NO DRESS SHOES – you’re better off wearing indoor sneakers
• NO BARE FEET/ONLY SOCKS – must be wearing shoes of some sort
Space is limited (maximum 20 participants per class) so please book your class to participate.
When: Thursday nights 7pm-9pm from July 13 – August 31, 2017. Please note the August 17th session will begin at 8pm.
Cost: $20 per class or all 8 classes for $140
For all bookings or inquiries please contact Sabrina Hooper email@example.com
To book online and pay via credit card please see our retail page